Dr. Jeffrey Milem, Professor and Jules Zimmer Dean's Chair
Our guest for this episode is Dr. Jeffrey Milem, Professor and Jules Zimmer Dean’s Chair at UC Santa Barbara’s Gevirtz School of Education. Dr. Milem came to UCSB in 2016. Before that he was the Ernest W. McFarland Distinguished Professor in Leadership for Educational Policy and Reform in the College of Education at the University of Arizona. Much of his research and academic career has focused on issues of access, social justice, and racial equity in higher education.
Links referred to in this episode:
- Gevirtz Graduate School of Education
- How to Home + School Webinar Series
- Education and Applied Psychology in a Time of a COVID-19: A Gevirtz School Journaling Project
Music featured in this episode:
- Theme: Yo La Tengo, "Georgia vs. Yo La Tengo"
- Bumpers: Jason Isbell + The 400 Unit, "Last of My Kind," John Hiatt, "Crossing Muddy Waters"
This episode first aired on KCSB on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.